Honda is pleased to announce that David Johnson will line-up next to Ian Hutchinson on the roads, as the Honda Racing team prepares for the start of the 2019 road race season.
Hutchinson and Johnson will lead Honda’s charge on the roads at The International North West 200 and the Isle of Man TT. Both road experts will contest the Superbike and Superstock 1000 classes aboard the CBR1000RR Fireblade SP2, with the team also preparing a CBR600RR Supersport machine for Ian.
‘Davo’ made his debut at the TT in 2010 aboard Honda machinery where he claimed the accolade of fastest newcomer that year. The Australian has since racked up three 4th place finishes at the Mountain Course and was close to a podium last year in the Superbike race. His best result at the Ulster GP has been 3rd (2018) and 7th at the NW200.
Teammate ‘Hutchy’ continues with Honda after a valiant return last year, while recovering from injury. Displaying incredible drive and determination throughout 2018, the ‘Bingley Bullet’ is coming into the new road racing season with more bike time under his belt as he looks to return to winning form.
The Honda Racing team will now embark on a comprehensive testing programme before tackling the road circuits, starting with the North West 200 in May.
2019 Road Race Calendar:
12-18 May: The International North West 200
25 May – 7 June: The Isle of Man TT
Source: Honda Racing CBR
Save on your new Honda motorcycle this month, we’re giving you the chance to save a whopping €600 on four of our most popular motorcycles when you get your 191 now!
These models are 2018 models, but are brand new!
What motorcycles you say?!
Only the super stylish:
- CB500FA – now €6,700, usually €7,300
- CBR500RA- now €7,000, usually €7,600
- CB650FA – now €8,300, usually €8,900
- CBR650FA- now €9,200, usually €9,800
Explore the stylish and powerful CB500F, CBR500F, CB650F and CBR650F now.
Visit your local dealership now to get yours pre-ordered now!
*Terms and Conditions: €600 discount applies to stock available now, 17YM & 18YM models only. Only valid until March 31st 2019.
The PCX125 has been one of Ireland’s favourite scooters for some time. The ever-popular PCX125 scooter has gotten a complete style upgrade for 2018, with natural new contours interspersed among the traditional PCX flowing design lines. It also receives a new tubular steel duplex cradle frame, new wheels and tyres and an upgraded rear suspension. Plus ABS, and an engine that produces more peak power while maintaining outstanding fuel efficiency.
Features of the new model:
- New style blends natural curves into the PCX’s flowing design
- Strong visual identity from new LED headlight and position lights
- New, smart, easy-to-read inverse LCD instrumentation
- Brand new steel duplex frame design
- Rear shock absorbers moved back, with upgraded springs and longer stroke
- Lighter 8-spoke wheels replace the 5-spoke design
- Larger tyres improve handling and fuel economy
- Produces more peak power with no loss of bottom-end torque
- New intake and exhaust design delivers the high-rpm gain
- Fuel economy of 47.6km/l gives a 400km+ tank range
The new PCX125A is available in a variety of colours such as Pearl Cool White, Pearl Nightstar Black, Matt Carbonium Grey Metallic, Pearl Splendor Red and it is priced at €3,700.00.
Click here to explore the new model
This stunning Scooter is now available from your local Honda Motorcycle Dealer. Not sure who your closest authorised Honda dealer is? Click here!
The ulitmate GT scooter, the Honda Forza 300 has now arrived in Ireland.
As we reported last week, Honda’s Forza 300 scooter is completely reborn in lightweight, compact, sporty form, with an enhanced specification including electrically adjustable screen, full LED lighting and optional 45-litre Smart Key-linked top box. It also gains Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC) – a first for a Honda scooter – and smart new instrumentation.
The Forza 300 has a crisp, sporting new look and much tighter, sharper dimensions than the previous design. Its wheelbase and length are reduced, while it’s also narrower, but with a higher seat height for improved visibility. Even with a new larger diameter rear wheel, it is 12kg lighter thanks to a revised chassis and redesigned frame, which boosts acceleration, top speed and fuel efficiency.
Smoothly adjustable, the new electric screen provides maximum wind protection at speed or ultimate freedom around town. Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC) has been added and can be switched on and off from the left handlebar.
Revised instruments serve up extra information digitally, in support of the analogue dials and all lighting is LED. The Smart Key offers control of the optional 45-litre top box.
- Adjustable electric screen controlled from the left handlebar
- Revised dash offers a mix of analogue and digital information
- Room for two full-face helmets under the seat
- Full LED lighting
- Sharp new lines create a sportier, ‘svelte’ new look
- Completely new tubular steel frame, 12kg lighter wet weight
- Shorter in wheelbase with sharper steering geometry
- Much more compact dimensions paired with raised seat height
- Both wheels cast aluminium, the rear now 14-inch diameter
- Faster acceleration, higher top speed and improved fuel efficiency
- Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC) standard equipment
- Can be turned ON-OFF from a switch on the left handlebar
Priced at €6300.00, you can purchase a Forza 300 from your local Honda Motorcycle Dealership now!